With Autumn in full swing it is only natural to be craving the scents and tastes of pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg. This recipe is so delicious that it must be shared. It will get your house smelling festive and cozy sans candles. A must try! Make them into loaves of muffins to take on the go. They also make a great gift.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread
Original Recipe Yield 3 – loaf pans
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 1 pound size coffee cans, or three 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water, and eggs. Beat until smooth. Blend in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Fill cans 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Cool on wire racks before removing from cans or pans.
This recipe is from www.allrecepies.com