Remembering Veterans Day

Veterans Day

November 11th is Veterans Day and a fabulous one to remember to and say “Thank You” to those who have served our country. Some great clips on the history of Veterans Day can be found on the History Channel.

What do you do for our veterans on Veterans Day? Service? Send a note? Make a special visit? Donate?

Read more about Veterans Day.

Happy Veterans Day everyone!

Heidi’s Heavenly Cookies

….

Image source

Bookmark and Share

6 comments ↓

#1 Eric Blehm on 04.02.11 at 11:30 pm

I saw this piece of art depicting our armed forces throughout the ages, in a “V” for Veterans. I am wondering where you found this image, as I love it and would consider using it for a project I have in mind to honor veterans. Please let me know. Kind regards,

Eric

#2 Heidi's Heavenly Cookies on 04.04.11 at 5:10 pm

Hi Eric,

The image source is from [http://www.southcarolinapreppersnetwork.com/2009/11/11111918-11am-history-of-veterans-day.html] It’s a rather popular vintage image used on the web for Veteran’s Day, so you might be able to find another site that has a source where you can purchase rights from? Best of luck with your project!

Heidi’s Heavenly Cookies

#3 Gage Bower on 09.09.11 at 10:36 am

Hi everybody my birthday is on November the 11. This year i’ll be 15 soon i will be closer to adulthood. I will remember those who have served and died and who are still alive that served in the cruel wars of america. Remember Pearl Harbor and Vietnam and WWII and so on. Thank You America for for giving your lives for all the citizens of The United States of AMERICA

#4 Happy Veteran’s Day! « Galahad Manor TOA on 11.07.11 at 2:48 pm

[...] from Google Image Search LD_AddCustomAttr("AdOpt", "1"); LD_AddCustomAttr("Origin", "other"); [...]

#5 matthew on 11.08.11 at 10:44 am

i love this its ill i want to draw like this and i LOVE veterance day!!!!!!!!:)

#6 matthew on 11.08.11 at 10:47 am

its sooooooooooo COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) I WISH I COULD HAVE THIS IM MAKING A CARD AND DRAWING THIS AND I WILL SEND IT TO THE VETERANCE!!!!!!!!!!SO PROUD AND I WANNA BE ONE