Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar were elected as the 2009 National Parents of the Year and if you’re oppressively thinking, “Great, we can hardly handle our one child, there’s no way we could ever be nominated for such a grand award.” Sulk no longer because there are plenty of other things you and your significant other can do to celebrate Parents Day without having to worry about such awards that don’t include an entire camera lens full of your 19 children. In fact, it seems on days such as this that the customary thing to do is get away from those progeny that you so love for a nice, well-deserved date night.
Date Night Ideas For Parents, Soon-To-Be Parents, and Aspirational Parents:
P.S. These are some great ideas to “treat” your parents to if you are those lovely little progeny mentioned previously.
• Host a costumed Murder Mystery Dinner. Serve gourmet chocolate cookies, of course.
• Get in some laughs at a Comedy Club.
• Rustle up some grub at a Rodeo. Wranglers with large belt-buckles and tucked in shirts a must.
• Take a Swing Dancing Class.
• Enjoy peasant-fair at Medieval Times.
• Check out the latest exhibit at your Museum.
Happy Parents Day!